20 March 2008

Picnik.com

I would like to apologize for the lack of blogs this week. I'm realizing I can't post quite as often as I would like. This week has been really busy.

In the past couple of weeks I've recommended a web site to a few people. The website is called picnik.com a free online photo editor. It is entirely free and entirely on line. This would be great if I was working on a computer that didn't have an image editor installed on it. It is ad driven therefore it is free however there is a premium version available for pay which expands the functionality and eliminates ads. The ads consist of a banner on the bottom of the page (do not click banner ads ever) There are multiple was to export your edited file the options are detailed blow.

  • Save to your computer (asks where you would like to save)
  • email (enter email address and it sends the image to you)
  • email to upload service (give you options such as photobucket etc. I put in my bloggersend address and it will immediately post it to my blog)
Screenshots from picnik


This works amazingly well for blogs especially those created here at blogger.com. When you sign up for a blogger.com blog you can have an email address where you can send stuff from like your phone or wherever and then you can have it posted or saved as a draft. I use the email option and send it to the blogsend email address and it automatically posts it. This working with my picasa web album makes my workflow very simple and quite efficient.

Good luck with your photo editing.

As always thanks for reading!
Jordan

http://www.picnik.com/







No comments: