02 March 2008

Disney Trip Report 27 - 29 Feb, 2008

Day One Wednesday 27 February, 2008

Day one of my quick Disney trip. We (Dad, Sister, Mom, and I) left later than expected but we still go there around 4pm. We checked in at our resort (Pop Century). My mom was tired so she just wanted to take a nap in the room. So my sister, dad, and I went to the Magic Kingdom to get some rides in. We rode many rides while we were there. The waits were not very long.


Taken Wed 27 February, 08


One of the rides we went on was The Haunted Mansion. This ride was recently updated. I love the updates. They've added a few scenes and retouched the old ones. It looks much more fresh than the old one. And the sound actually works on this "Haunted Mansion 2.0".

We also went to Pirates of the Caribbean which was also recently redone. The updates are sijmilar to the Haunted mansion in that they both have added scenes and both have freshened up the old ones.

This night the Spectro Magic Parade did not run. When crowds are low they don't run the parade every night.

We ate at Pinnoccio's Village Haus is Fantasyland. I got the smallest salade I have ever seen and an order of delicious Figaro Fries without the bacon because I'm vegetarian. My dad and sister split the Turkey and bacon pressed sandwich and also split and order of Figaro Fries.

They were not running the Spectro Magic Parade this night but they were running Wishes the fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom. This night we decided not to stay and watch Wishes but decided that we would watch it the next day when my mom could watch it with us.

We went backk to the resort for some rest for the full day of our short Disney experience.



Day Two 28 February, 2008

Day two was our only full day of our quick trip. Before my group got up I went to the extra magic hour morning at the Magic Kingdom. The park we were actually going to today was Epcot. So I saw two park openings in one day. Usually we don't get to any but today I saw two. At the Magic Kingdom they do a little show. They pick a family of the day to ride in on the train and open the park along with Disney characters.

I was at the front of the pack when the park opened and I immediately ran to the top of the train station to get an empty picture of Main Street USA. Once I got the shot I received a call from my dad telling me that he and my sister were at Epcot and to meet them at a certain place.

I got there right as Epcot was opening. The park was open but they didn't drop the rope that let you into the different part of Epcot. I saw them as soon as they dropped the rope and we ran to Soarin' to get fastpasses. We got fastpasses but went ahead and rode because the wait time was only twenty minutes so we rode it.

We were to meet my mom at the same place I met my dad and sister. We got a bite to eat at the Land Pavilion and then met my mom. Once we mety her we saw the Circle of Life movie. It is a movie about not destroying the Earth with the characters from the Lion King.

We rode Soarin' with our fastpasses and then tried to decide what to do next. My dad wasn't feeling well so we were trying to figure out how my Mom, Sister, and I could still do stuff and he could rest. Our final decision was for him to take a nap and to drop us of at the Animal Kingdom.

At Animal Kingdom we check the schedule to see when the Lion King stage show came on. It was in about an hour so we grabbed some lunch. We went to the Yak, and Yeti counter service part but they had NO vegetarian options, not even like a kids meal. So we went to Flame Tree Barbecue. I got a large salad and my mom and sister both got roasted chicken kids meals.

We went to Festival of the Lion King for the first time. I really enjoyed it. It was different than other show. They had acrobats dressed as monkeys another acrobat dressed as a bird kinda thing. They also have ginormous puppets of Simba, and Pumba from the Lion King. It's really a great show, and I encourage you to see it if you find yourself in Disney's Animal Kingdom. We then went to the hotel to figure out what else was in store for us that day.

We chose to go to the Magic Kingdom to see wishes and ride my sister's favorite ride, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We got there and found it enormously crowded because the Spectro Magic Parade was about to start, which stops movement on Main Street. We fought our way through the dense crowds and finally got to Frontierland where Big Thunder is located. There was absolutely no wait so i rode it the first time and my dad and sister rode it twice.

We got a spot for Wishes, we were a little off center of the castle our backs to the Crystal Palace. I had a good view for photography so I set up my tripod and took some pictures.

Taken Thursday 28th of February, 2008

That wraps up our quick Disney trip. This trip was a little different than the trips we have been doing recently. We did more attractions this time than usual. We typically go to World Showcase hang out there and go to the Fort Wilderness Camp Ground.

I really hope you enjoyed my trip report. I enjoyed writing it. So far I enjoy blogging and I will continue. Please read my future post. The topics may be different every-time you read, but you'll never know until you read.

Images Copyright Jordan Michael

1 comment:

mcorn said...

Nice pictures Jordan. You make me want to go to Disney World again!!!
Of course it doesn't take much prodding to interest me in Disney. Hope we can go again sometime.