05 April 2008

Nim's Island Review

Yes I actually saw this movie. I saw it yesterday with my Mom, Dad, and Sister.

Here's the plot, Dad and Daughter live on undiscovered "secret" island. Dad goes out on expedition to collect some sort of sea thing. The girl is very into reading adventure books and her favorite one is the series called "Alex Rover" a sort of Indiana Jones type book. Meanwhile the real Alex Rover (Alexandra Rover) the writer of the Alex Rover stories is trying to finish her latest book but needs some information about volcanoes so she emails Nim's father to ask about it (yes they have email on the undiscovered island I'm guessing satellite). Like I said before her dad is out on expedition so Nim starts to do research for Alex as her dad's research assistant. I won't continue but suffice it to say that there's a big storm out there that her dad gets trapped in and Alex has to make a big decision that would change her life drastically. One odd bit in the storyline was that Alex's sort of courage the thing that made her go through with her big decision is her most well known character, Alex Rover, ironic isn't it? That her well known character has the same name as her the one who is affraid to leave her own home.

Now the review part.

I didn't want to go to this movie but thought it turned out to be pretty good. IF I was a real movie reviewer I would say "It was completely unrealistic and could never happen in real life" but since I have a brain and a shred of creativity and imagination I can say the the writer and the director wanted it that way and it is in no way supposed to be believable. I liked it, I said I liked it. I can't express how much I didn't want to go but it turned out well and if I can enjoy it while I"m trying to not enjoy it I'm sure you can enjoy it if you want to see it.

I am sorry for the latency of this review. I am not sure if it this movie is still in theaters I wrote some of it quite a while ago but didn't have the time to finish it.


thanks for reading
Jordan

No comments: